Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vocabulary #1


1.  act, ag, ig: to do, to move, to drive
2.  ali, alter: another, other
3.  am: at/ to love
4.  anim: life, spirit, soul

1.  agenda: a list, plan, or outline
     •My agenda is always full of things I never do.
2.  agile: able to move quickly and easily
     •Dogs are agile when chasing their tails.
3.  alienate: to make indifferent or hostile
     •We often don't want to feel alienated so we do what others do to feel accepted.
4.  altercation: angry or noisy argument
     •My brother and I often have altercations over the smallest disagreements.
5.  amiable: friendly or sociable
     •Many people tell me that I am amiable.
6.  amorous: suggestive of love
     •The novel had amorous scenes with the guy and girl.
7.  animated: filled with life and spirit
     •My brother is always animated, even in the worst days. 
8.  equanimity: calmness, even-temperedness
     •Equanimity is something I lack when it comes to tests.
9.  inalienable: unable to be taken away from
     •My mom is alienable about her phone.
10.inanimate: non-living
     •I like to think that inanimate objects have feelings to so I try not to hurt them.
11.magnanimous: generous or forgiving
     •I am magnanimous because humans make mistakes all the time.    
12.reactionary: unprogressive
     •I am reactionary when it comes to doing projects or assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment