Thursday, September 25, 2014

Vocabulary #3

1. aud(it): hear
2. avi: bird
3. bell(i): war
4. ben(e): good

1. antebellum: before war
•The antebellum town was peaceful.
2. audit: to attend class only as a listener, not for credit
•In an audit course, you only listen and learn.
3. auditory: related with the sense of hearing
•My granddad's auditory senses aren't functioning properly.
4. avian: characteristics of or pertaining to birds
•I sometimes wish I had avian characteristics like birds to fly.
5. aviary: an elaborate structure used for housing birds
•I made an aviary to give birds a place to stay.
6. avionics: technology in electronic equipment in aviation, missilery, and space flight
•Avionics is what the pilots rely on to
7. bellicose: eager to fight or quarrel
•My brothers are bellicose at time and always wrestle.
8. belligerency: the condition of warlike hostility
•My mom says we are full of belligerency because we fight all the time.
9. benefactor: a person who gives another person financial help
•My grandparents receive benefactors from my aunts and uncles.
10. beneficiary: one who receives a benefit, as from an insurance policy
•My dad got beneficiary when he got hurt on the job.
11. benign: good-natured
•A lot of people call me benign.
12. inaudible: unable to be heard
•When I am listening to music, everything else become inaudible.

No comments:

Post a Comment