Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lord of the Flies: Chapter 12 Journal

I didn't really like how the novel ended because it was all action and suspense and they get rescued and The End. I also don't like how we don't know what happens to the boys after they are discovered. I think that Ralph cries at the end because he is so overwhelmed by everything that happened and just lets it all out when he sees that they are finally getting rescued. The character that I despise the most is Jack because he was so caught up with competing with Ralph to get to be chief and once he achieved that, he was the violent kind of leader. The reason that I don't like him though is that once he turned into a total savage, he turned all the other boys savages and violent too. I would not recommend this novel to someone else unless they'd have someone that could explain it to them because there is a lot of symbolism and they could get lost and not get the meaning of the novel. However, if they did have someone to explain it, I would recommend it because it is a very fun and interesting book and we could all learn from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment