Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Vocabulary #7

1. duc(t), duce: to lead
2. fed(er), fid(e): faith, trust
3. fin(e): end, limit
4. flec, flex : to bend
1. Aqueduct: a large pipe or other conduit made to bring water from a great distance
•A lot of people use aqueducts to get water.
2. Conducive: tending to lead, help, assist, or result in
•I am conducive when my grandpa needs help.
3. Definitive: completely accurate, reliable, and authoritative; decisive or conclusive
•My best friend gave me a definitive description of me.
4. Fidelity: faithfulness to one's promises or obligations; steadfast faithfulness; technological faithfulness
•I show everyone that I have fidelity no matter what they tell me.
5. Fiduciary: an individual who holds something in trust for another; a trustee
•People can always count on me to be their fiduciary.
6. Finale: a grand conclusion, as of performance; the last scene of a play
•I always wait for the finale of a show because that's where I find out everything.
7. Finite: limited or bordered by time or by any measurement; measurable
•We only have a finite amount of time to finish a test.
8. Flexuous: winding in and out; bending or wavering
•The gymnast did a lot of flexious moves.
9. Inducement: anything used or given to persuade or motivate; an incentive
•My parents always give me inducements to keep me motivated.
10. Inflection: a slight change in tone or modulation of the voice, as in a point of emphasis
•My mom uses inflection when she exaggerates
11. Perfidious: characteristics of one who would intentionally betray a faith or trust; treacherous
•I think of my brother as being perfidious.
12. Traduce: to speak falsely of; to slander or defame; to disgrace another's good name; to vilify
•I always here my family traduce about one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment